DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sevilla crowned UEFA Cup champions
Sevilla retained their UEFA Cup title beating Espanyol on penalties in an exciting encounter at Hampden Park.
New Delhi: Sevilla retained their UEFA Cup title beating Espanyol on penalties in an exciting encounter at Hampden Park, Glasgow on Wednesday.
A packed house welcomed the two Spanish clubs as they set about to attain Europe's second biggest club trophy.
Sevilla took the lead in the 18th minute when Adriano raced down the left flank to fire in a low shot into the far corner of the net. But Espanyol hit back with Alberto Riera firing in to level the scores.
Kanoute put Sevilla back on top with a goal in extra-time that was equalised again by Espanyol.
And in the tie-breaker, it was Sevilla shot-stopper Andres Palop who did the honours with some great saves as his team became only the second team to successfully the UEFA Cup title.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet