Sevilla crowned UEFA Cup champions
Sevilla retained their UEFA Cup title beating Espanyol on penalties in an exciting encounter at Hampden Park.
New Delhi: Sevilla retained their UEFA Cup title beating Espanyol on penalties in an exciting encounter at Hampden Park, Glasgow on Wednesday.
A packed house welcomed the two Spanish clubs as they set about to attain Europe's second biggest club trophy.
Sevilla took the lead in the 18th minute when Adriano raced down the left flank to fire in a low shot into the far corner of the net. But Espanyol hit back with Alberto Riera firing in to level the scores.
Kanoute put Sevilla back on top with a goal in extra-time that was equalised again by Espanyol.
And in the tie-breaker, it was Sevilla shot-stopper Andres Palop who did the honours with some great saves as his team became only the second team to successfully the UEFA Cup title.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement