UIDAI data centre to come up at Manesar
An official spokesman said that this data centre would be one of the biggest data centres in the country.
Chandigarh: Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is setting up its data centre at Manesar in Haryana and this captive 'Green Data Centre' would be built as per global standards. While stating this on Sunday, an official spokesman said that this data centre would be one of the biggest data centres in the country.
It will serve as central repository for UIDAI to store the residents' basic demographic and biometric information captured by it while issuing 12 digit AADHAAR number to each resident across the country, he said.
He said that Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda would lay the foundation stone of this data centre on January 7.
The Chairman of the UIDAI Nandan Nilekani and Director General-cum-Mission Director RS Sharma would also be present on the occasion. He said that to ascertain uninterrupted operations of the data centre, modular and scalable systems are designed that would provide seamless integration to support future load expansion upto 1.6 billion enrolments estimated by the year 2030.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be