UK: 1 more person stabbed on London street near Woolwich
The victim was stabbed on Sunday evening just 300 metres from where Drummer Lee Rigby was struck by a car and hacked to death.
London: A 20-year-old man has been stabbed in Woolwich here, days after British Drummer Lee Rigby was butchered and beheaded near the same spot, police said on Monday.
The victim was stabbed on Sunday evening just 300 metres from where Drummer Rigby was struck by a car and hacked to death. Scotland Yard said officers were called to Wellington Street just around the corner from John Wilson Street where Rigby was killed following reports of a stabbing on Sunday.
In the latest incident, the man sustained non-life threatening stab wounds to his chest and arm, and was subsequently taken to a south London hospital for treatment.
The Metropolitan police said a man had been arrested in connection with the assault without elaborating. There was nothing to suggest the stabbing was related to the death of Drummer Rigby, sources said.
"We are working on the basis that the stabbing is not linked with anything to do with Wednesday," the source said.
The stabbing comes after the family of Drummer Rigby, 25, visited the exact spot of his murder and added to a sea of floral tributes at nearby Woolwich Barracks.
Counter-terrorism police made their ninth arrest over his murder on Sunday, while the two main suspects remain under armed guard in hospital.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description