UK: 'Angel Maker' killed 400 babies
Amelia Dyer was a prolific serial killer responsible for the horrific crimes that sent shockwaves through 19th century Britain.
London: A woman has emerged as the Britain's worst serial killer after over 2.5 million criminal records between 1770 and 1934 were placed online by the National Archives and revealed that she murdered 400 babies. Amelia Dyer was dubbed the 'Angel Maker', a prolific serial killer responsible for the horrific crimes that sent shockwaves through 19th century Britain, the Daily Mail reported Saturday.
She preyed on the down-on-their-luck and desperate unmarried mothers who paid her to have their children adopted, believing she would find them a better life. But Dyer simply would take the money before strangling the infants with dressmaking tape and dumping their bodies in the Thames river.
Dyer was able to carry out her grisly trade with apparent impunity for over 30 years.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Gareth Bale Wants More European Glory after Champions League Win
- Real Madrid Beat Atletico on Penalties to Win Champions League
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18