UK: 'Angel Maker' killed 400 babies
Amelia Dyer was a prolific serial killer responsible for the horrific crimes that sent shockwaves through 19th century Britain.
London: A woman has emerged as the Britain's worst serial killer after over 2.5 million criminal records between 1770 and 1934 were placed online by the National Archives and revealed that she murdered 400 babies. Amelia Dyer was dubbed the 'Angel Maker', a prolific serial killer responsible for the horrific crimes that sent shockwaves through 19th century Britain, the Daily Mail reported Saturday.
She preyed on the down-on-their-luck and desperate unmarried mothers who paid her to have their children adopted, believing she would find them a better life. But Dyer simply would take the money before strangling the infants with dressmaking tape and dumping their bodies in the Thames river.
Dyer was able to carry out her grisly trade with apparent impunity for over 30 years.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw