UK: Thousands evacuated as Thames bursts its banks
This is the worst flood that UK has witnessed in the last 60 years.
New Delhi: Hundreds of people have been forced to evacuate their homes in Oxford city overnight as River Thames burst its banks flooding the entire region.
This is the worst flood that the United Kingdom has witnessed in the last 60 years.
Reports say that about 3,50,000 people in the country have been devoid of fresh drinking water for the past two weeks now.
Health experts have warned mass casualties and even deaths from contact with contaminated floodwater. The warnings come amid expectations of further water surges in southern England.
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'