UK: Forgotten lottery ticket fetches couple 1 mn pound
The couple have already lost on around 7,500 pounds ($11,540) in interest by not banking their ticket on time.
London: A British couple left their million pound prize winning lottery ticket stuck to their fridge for two months and only found that they had struck it rich when tipped off by their newsagent.
Alan, 46, and Kim Elliott, 45, from Aspley, Nottingham had bought the ticket on March 23 from the same newsagent and found out that they had made it they took several old tickets to the newsagent to be checked.
But the couple may have already lost on around 7,500 pounds ($11,540) in interest by not banking their ticket on time.
They said they weren't going to let that worry them and now plan to splash out on holidays and swap their Peugeot 308 for a luxury Range Rover, the Daily Mail reported.
Alan told how he thought his local newsagent was playing a trick when he checked the ticket and revealed it was a one million pounds ($1.5 million) winner.
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?