UK: Forgotten lottery ticket fetches couple 1 mn pound
The couple have already lost on around 7,500 pounds ($11,540) in interest by not banking their ticket on time.
London: A British couple left their million pound prize winning lottery ticket stuck to their fridge for two months and only found that they had struck it rich when tipped off by their newsagent.
Alan, 46, and Kim Elliott, 45, from Aspley, Nottingham had bought the ticket on March 23 from the same newsagent and found out that they had made it they took several old tickets to the newsagent to be checked.
But the couple may have already lost on around 7,500 pounds ($11,540) in interest by not banking their ticket on time.
They said they weren't going to let that worry them and now plan to splash out on holidays and swap their Peugeot 308 for a luxury Range Rover, the Daily Mail reported.
Alan told how he thought his local newsagent was playing a trick when he checked the ticket and revealed it was a one million pounds ($1.5 million) winner.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology