DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UK: Forgotten lottery ticket fetches couple 1 mn pound
The couple have already lost on around 7,500 pounds ($11,540) in interest by not banking their ticket on time.
London: A British couple left their million pound prize winning lottery ticket stuck to their fridge for two months and only found that they had struck it rich when tipped off by their newsagent.
Alan, 46, and Kim Elliott, 45, from Aspley, Nottingham had bought the ticket on March 23 from the same newsagent and found out that they had made it they took several old tickets to the newsagent to be checked.
But the couple may have already lost on around 7,500 pounds ($11,540) in interest by not banking their ticket on time.
They said they weren't going to let that worry them and now plan to splash out on holidays and swap their Peugeot 308 for a luxury Range Rover, the Daily Mail reported.
Alan told how he thought his local newsagent was playing a trick when he checked the ticket and revealed it was a one million pounds ($1.5 million) winner.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO