UK: Man charged with threat to kill 200 US school children
Reece Elliott's malicious comments led to 2,900 children skipping class in Warren County, Tennessee, police said.
London: A British man was charged on Saturday after he allegedly posted a threat on Facebook to kill 200 people in the US state of Tennessee, causing many children to stay home from school, authorities said.
Reece Elliott, 24, from a town east of the northern English city of Newcastle, has been charged with making malicious comments, which led to 2,900 children skipping class in Warren County, Tennessee, police said. He did not enter a plea at a 30-minute court hearing and was ordered to remain in custody.
The online posting threatening gun violence was made anonymously on a memorial page set up for a Tennessee student who died in October. Police did not address the motive behind the posting.
After the Facebook post, police in Tennessee were stationed this week at schools in McMinnville, the seat of Warren County, 70 miles (110 kilometers) northwest of Chattanooga, but many students stayed away. Other security measures included having principals restrict who could enter the schools.
Northumbria police said they were cooperating with authorities in Warren County.
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2016: Anil Kapoor to Shraddha Kapoor; Stars Bring Ganpati Home
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview