UK: Man finds another woman's body in dead wife's casket
Later the right body was shown to the family and the company apologised and promised to arrange a second funeral.
London: A man in South Africa was horrified when he opened the casket at his dead wife's funeral and found a stranger inside. Staff at a funeral home accidentally put a different woman's body inside a coffin that should have contained the body of Michael Galant's 58-year-old wife Magdalene, the Daily Mail reported.
"I opened my wife's casket and she didn't look right. I immediately knew something was wrong," Galant said.
"My daughter came to me and said: 'That's not mummy', and then I knew this was a big mistake."
Their daughter said the family questioned the undertakers about the body swap. The staff initially tried to convince them they had delivered the right body.
She said the company later admitted to pulling out the wrong drawer at the morgue. The family tried to stop the funeral but organisers convinced them to go ahead as planned.
They were later shown the right body. The company had apologised and promised to arrange a second funeral.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017