UK minister to lead health business delegation to Chennai
Delegation will include a range of universities, hospitals and private companies with interest and expertise across various sectors.
Chennai: A 26-member British business delegation, led by Kenneth Clarke, cabinet minister and the prime minister's trade envoy, will visit Tamil Nadu this week to promote healthcare partnership with the state. In a statement issued here, the British High Commission said Clarke is expected to meet Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and Health Minister KC Veeramani May 8, 2013.
"On May 9, 2013 he will deliver a speech at a conference hosted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on Indo-UK Collaboration in Healthcare," the statement said. The delegation will include a range of universities, hospitals and private companies with interest and expertise across sectors - primary care, healthcare management and solutions, family medicine services, information and communications technology (ICT), medical equipment, medical education, hospital design and construction, consultancy and research and training.
"The Indo-British Healthcare Initiative (IBHI), established a year ago, will host an Indo-UK Oncology Summit in Chennai in September 2012. This follows the hugely successful Indo-UK Diabetes Summit and visit by Ms Soubry, UK Minister for Public Health," Mike Nithavrianakis, British deputy high commissioner, Chennai, was quoted as saying in the statement.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Samajwadi Party Rift Live: Mulayam Calls Urgent Meeting to Resolve Issues With Akhilesh
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal