UK: Naked man beheads mother thinking she is a witch
After the killing, police found the accused hiding in a wheelie bin in a train station.
London: A 44-year-old Briton beheaded his elderly mother because he believed she was a witch, and then wandered on the streets of London naked like a "zombie", a court has heard.
Daniel Coriat, said to be a paranoid schizophrenic, will spend the rest of his life in a secure mental ward, the Daily Mail reported.
After the killing, police found him hiding in a wheelie bin in a train station.
He told officers he was the "son of god" and was living in the bin since he "came down from the sky two months ago", the Old Bailey court heard.
Officials found his 76-year-old mother Elizabeth was brutally murdered at the flat they shared in Forest Hill in south London, in March 2012.
She had suffered 50 separate injuries and her head had been cut off.
Prosecutors accepted a guilty plea to manslaughter.
Diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia at the age of 18, the man often flies into explosive rages when he stops taking his medication, the court heard.
Neighbours saw him walking naked near his flat, and said he had a blank vacant stare, and walked "really slowly like a zombie, staring straight ahead".
During a court hearing, he claimed his mother was a witch.
"You saw the body when it was taken away. It didn't look human," he said.
Flanked by psychiatric nurses, the man laughed loudly in the dock when the judge ordered him to be locked away in a mental hospital indefinitely.
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Bihar Deputy CM Tejaswi Yadav Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?