UK: Police quiz woman for 'egg PM' joke on Facebook
"I am not a terrorist. I'm just a middle-aged woman who made a jokey remark," says 40-year-old Debra Burt.
London: A middle-aged mother of two, who joked on Facebook about chucking an egg at British Prime Minister David Cameron, has been quizzed by detectives. Forty-five-year-old Debra Burt typed "Cameron I'd like to egg him" on a friend's timeline.
British detectives spent a month tracking down her and ordered her to stay away from Cameron. Debra said she made the quip out of frustration against cuts imposed by the government.
She accused cops of "snooping" on Facebook and told them: "Go out and fight real crooks". "I'm not a terrorist. I'm just a middle-aged woman who made a jokey remark. I'd like to chuck an egg at him but I'd never do it. I'm just unhappy I can't find more work," she was quoted as saying by the Sun.
She also joked that she was "good at throwing eggs" and added: "I've never missed". Debra made the remark during a chat about Cameron's trip to Kent last week to see the Archbishop of Canterbury sworn in.
Two detectives knocked on her door in Ramsgate the day before the ceremony and said they had been hunting her for four weeks. They had scoured her Facebook site, tried an old mobile number and called at her former address.
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul