UK: Woman, son jailed over dogs' deaths
Jamie Taylor and his mother Julie were each jailed for 16 weeks and disqualified from keeping animals for life after causing "horrendous suffering" to the pets.
London: A British mother and her son have been jailed for starving two dogs after imprisoning them in an attic and nailing it shut.
A court heard how the dogs - Rottweiler Axel and Staffordshire bull terrier Bully - were starved, denied water and exercise for weeks before they died in agony, emaciated and dehydrated, the Daily Mail reported.
Jamie Taylor, 31, and his mother Julie, 50, were each jailed for 16 weeks and disqualified from keeping animals for life after causing "horrendous suffering" to the pets.
The son and mother ignored the dogs' barks for help. The jobless son, Jamie, refused to walk them because he was "embarrassed" that they were too skinny.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) officers tried to rescue the animals but were denied access and when police finally broke into the house in Bradford, West Yorkshire, they found an 'overpowering stench' of rotten flesh and corpses of the dogs in the attic.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- Steve O'Keefe Hailed As 'Superhero' by Australian Media