UK: Woman, son jailed over dogs' deaths
Jamie Taylor and his mother Julie were each jailed for 16 weeks and disqualified from keeping animals for life after causing "horrendous suffering" to the pets.
London: A British mother and her son have been jailed for starving two dogs after imprisoning them in an attic and nailing it shut.
A court heard how the dogs - Rottweiler Axel and Staffordshire bull terrier Bully - were starved, denied water and exercise for weeks before they died in agony, emaciated and dehydrated, the Daily Mail reported.
Jamie Taylor, 31, and his mother Julie, 50, were each jailed for 16 weeks and disqualified from keeping animals for life after causing "horrendous suffering" to the pets.
The son and mother ignored the dogs' barks for help. The jobless son, Jamie, refused to walk them because he was "embarrassed" that they were too skinny.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) officers tried to rescue the animals but were denied access and when police finally broke into the house in Bradford, West Yorkshire, they found an 'overpowering stench' of rotten flesh and corpses of the dogs in the attic.
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18