U'khand: The brave IAF men who gave their lives to save those stranded
The armed forces have been braving turbulent weather in Uttarakhand, undeterred, to rescue those trapped.
New Delhi: The armed forces have been braving turbulent weather in Uttarakhand, undeterred, to rescue those trapped in the state after flash floods. Five IAF crew members lost their lives after an Mi-17 V5 chopper, on a rescue mission, crashed north of Gaurikund, killing eight people.
A senior IAF official gave the details of the crew members who died in the crash. They are:
1) Wing Commander Darryl Castelino,
2) Flight Lieutenant K Praveen,
3) Junior Warrant Officer AK Singh,
4) Sargent Sudhakar Yadav
5) Flight Lieutenant Tapan Kapoor
The exact reason of the crash is unknown, but bad weather has been hampering rescue efforts since Sunday. The IAF helicopter returning from a rescue sortie crashed near Gaurikund with 19 people on board including men from the ITBP, NDRF and Air Force.
While the bodies of eight people who were on board have been recovered, a search is on for the others who were on board the Mi-17 V5 chopper that had taken off from Gauchar and was heading towards Gaurikund.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18