DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
U'khand: The brave IAF men who gave their lives to save those stranded
The armed forces have been braving turbulent weather in Uttarakhand, undeterred, to rescue those trapped.
New Delhi: The armed forces have been braving turbulent weather in Uttarakhand, undeterred, to rescue those trapped in the state after flash floods. Five IAF crew members lost their lives after an Mi-17 V5 chopper, on a rescue mission, crashed north of Gaurikund, killing eight people.
A senior IAF official gave the details of the crew members who died in the crash. They are:
1) Wing Commander Darryl Castelino,
2) Flight Lieutenant K Praveen,
3) Junior Warrant Officer AK Singh,
4) Sargent Sudhakar Yadav
5) Flight Lieutenant Tapan Kapoor
The exact reason of the crash is unknown, but bad weather has been hampering rescue efforts since Sunday. The IAF helicopter returning from a rescue sortie crashed near Gaurikund with 19 people on board including men from the ITBP, NDRF and Air Force.
While the bodies of eight people who were on board have been recovered, a search is on for the others who were on board the Mi-17 V5 chopper that had taken off from Gauchar and was heading towards Gaurikund.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics