ULFA explodes bomb near police station
ULFA exploded a bomb near the Titabor police station and Circle Inspector's office-cum-residence in upper Assam.
New Delhi: The banned militant outfit United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) exploded a bomb near the Titabor police station and Circle Inspector's office-cum-residence in upper Assam's Jorhat district on Friday night, police reported.
The incident took place on the eve of its Raising Day on Assam. Though no one was injured in the incident, the blast damaged the compound walls and shattered window panes, police said.
The time bomb went off at around 1940 hrs, IST in front of the police station and CI office. Titabor is the home constituency of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.
(With Agency inputs)
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go