ULFA explodes bomb near police station
ULFA exploded a bomb near the Titabor police station and Circle Inspector's office-cum-residence in upper Assam.
New Delhi: The banned militant outfit United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) exploded a bomb near the Titabor police station and Circle Inspector's office-cum-residence in upper Assam's Jorhat district on Friday night, police reported.
The incident took place on the eve of its Raising Day on Assam. Though no one was injured in the incident, the blast damaged the compound walls and shattered window panes, police said.
The time bomb went off at around 1940 hrs, IST in front of the police station and CI office. Titabor is the home constituency of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.
(With Agency inputs)
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan