Unresolved Indo-Pak issues hampering J&K growth: Omar
Omar Abdullah said uncertainty of peace is a major stumbling block for promotion of industries and tourism in the state.
Jammu: Unresolved issues between India and Pakistan have hampered the growth and economic development of Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Tuesday. "Unresolved political issues between India and Pakistan have further hampered the process of growth and economic development in Jammu and Kashmir," Abdullah said while interacting with students of Mass Media from Wilson College of Mumbai, who are on a seven-day tour of Jammu.
He said uncertainty of peace was a major stumbling block for promotion of industries and tourism in the state. "When you are confronted with uncertainty and political instability, the normal process of progress is severely hampered," Abdullah said. In reply to a question regarding return of Kashmiri Pandits to the Valley, Abdullah said lack of sense of security among them forced them to leave the Valley and his government was working to create a situation which would help to re-cultivate this sense of safety in them.
"We have initiated various measures and are implementing a special package with the assistance of the central government for the return of KPs to Valley," he said, adding, their return cannot be forced. On the issue of human rights, Abdullah mentioned his advocacy for constitution of Truth and Reconciliation Commission on South Africa model to resolve issues associated with militancy and violence.
The Chief Minister said Jammu and Kashmir presented a mosaic of cultural and geographical diversities. "We have three different regions of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh and there are sub-regions within the regions with variegated cultures, dialects and heritage," he said.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead