UP: 4 men gangrape girl; doctor slaps her on refusal to withdraw case
Earlier, the police had registered a case of abduction and assault, however, a case of rape was registered later.
Allahabad: A college girl was abducted and allegedly gangraped in a moving car by four men in Colonelganj area of the city. The girl, who was gangraped on April 27, also alleged that she was threatened and slapped during her medical examination by a woman doctor, who asked her to withdraw her complaint.
Two of the accused have been arrested, police said, adding the girl has identified one of them. Earlier, the police had registered a case of abduction and assault, however, a case of rape was registered later.
The girl, who was admitted to a hospital on Saturday night, regained consciousness on Tuesday. After her statement, Superintendent of Police AK Pande directed the police last night to include sections relating to sexual assault in the FIR.
Fresh medical test of the girl has also been ordered while the doctor who carried out the earlier examination is likely to be quizzed, sources said. One of the four accused is a distant relative of the victim, police said, adding that she was left on roadside after the incident.
The girl, in her early 20s, alleged that the doctor who conducted the test had asked her to withdraw her complaint and even slapped her when she refused to do so.
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2