UP: 4 men gangrape girl; doctor slaps her on refusal to withdraw case
Earlier, the police had registered a case of abduction and assault, however, a case of rape was registered later.
Allahabad: A college girl was abducted and allegedly gangraped in a moving car by four men in Colonelganj area of the city. The girl, who was gangraped on April 27, also alleged that she was threatened and slapped during her medical examination by a woman doctor, who asked her to withdraw her complaint.
Two of the accused have been arrested, police said, adding the girl has identified one of them. Earlier, the police had registered a case of abduction and assault, however, a case of rape was registered later.
The girl, who was admitted to a hospital on Saturday night, regained consciousness on Tuesday. After her statement, Superintendent of Police AK Pande directed the police last night to include sections relating to sexual assault in the FIR.
Fresh medical test of the girl has also been ordered while the doctor who carried out the earlier examination is likely to be quizzed, sources said. One of the four accused is a distant relative of the victim, police said, adding that she was left on roadside after the incident.
The girl, in her early 20s, alleged that the doctor who conducted the test had asked her to withdraw her complaint and even slapped her when she refused to do so.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards