UP: 4 more succumb to encephalitis, toll rises to 421
A Health official said 235 people suffering from encephalitis are being treated in government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions.
Gorakhpur: Four more children succumbed to encephalitis in Gorakhpur, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 421 in 2012.
The deceased hailed from Kushinagar, Mahrajganj and Sant Kabir Nagar districts, officials said on Saturday.
As many as 41 patients suffering from Acute Encephalitis Syndrome have been admitted to BRD Medical College Hospital here and other government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions in the last two day.
Additional director (Health) AK Pandey said 235 people suffering from encephalitis are being treated in government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology