UP: 5 men gangrape girl, villagers protest violently
The villagers allege that the police did not register their complaint when they went to the police station after the 12-years-old girl was raped by five men.
Chandauli: A minor girl was allegedly gangraped in Chandauli district in Uttar Pradesh by five men of the village following which the villagers protested violently. The angry protesters set Sakaldih court on fire and demanding the immediate arrest of the five accused.
The villagers allege that the police did not register their complaint when they went to the police station after the 12-years-old girl was raped by five men. Even after repeated attempts the police refused to register a case, resulting in the villagers resorting to violence, said the protesters.
The villagers also attacked the police personnel and have blocked the road connecting Sakaldih to Mughalsarai.
Extra security personnel have been sent to the area of control the mob. Several senior police officers are also camping in the area.
The victim, a student of class 7, is on a a critical condition, police officials said.
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18