DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UP artist attacked for paintings on homosexuality
The attackers said that Balbir Krishnan's art was provocative and went against the religious sentiments of people.
New Delhi: Artist Balbir Krishan, a gay painter from Uttar Pradesh claimed that he was assaulted by unidentified men at the end of his solo exhibition at the Lalit Kala Academy in Delhi on Thursday evening.
The assailants said that his art was provocative and went against the religious sentiments of people.
They also threatened that just as late painter MF Husain was hounded out of the country for his explicit art, Krishan will also not be allowed to display his art again, the painter said.
Krishan, who has two artificial limbs, said he was assaulted from behind because of which he was unable to identify the attackers.
The CCTV at the exhibition venue was not working and thus could not capture the incident, sources said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London