UP artist attacked for paintings on homosexuality
The attackers said that Balbir Krishnan's art was provocative and went against the religious sentiments of people.
New Delhi: Artist Balbir Krishan, a gay painter from Uttar Pradesh claimed that he was assaulted by unidentified men at the end of his solo exhibition at the Lalit Kala Academy in Delhi on Thursday evening.
The assailants said that his art was provocative and went against the religious sentiments of people.
They also threatened that just as late painter MF Husain was hounded out of the country for his explicit art, Krishan will also not be allowed to display his art again, the painter said.
Krishan, who has two artificial limbs, said he was assaulted from behind because of which he was unable to identify the attackers.
The CCTV at the exhibition venue was not working and thus could not capture the incident, sources said.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets