UP artist attacked for paintings on homosexuality
The attackers said that Balbir Krishnan's art was provocative and went against the religious sentiments of people.
New Delhi: Artist Balbir Krishan, a gay painter from Uttar Pradesh claimed that he was assaulted by unidentified men at the end of his solo exhibition at the Lalit Kala Academy in Delhi on Thursday evening.
The assailants said that his art was provocative and went against the religious sentiments of people.
They also threatened that just as late painter MF Husain was hounded out of the country for his explicit art, Krishan will also not be allowed to display his art again, the painter said.
Krishan, who has two artificial limbs, said he was assaulted from behind because of which he was unable to identify the attackers.
The CCTV at the exhibition venue was not working and thus could not capture the incident, sources said.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test