DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UP: Bank employee rapes colleague for 5 years
The woman claimed that the police filed an FIR only when she warned of protest.
Ghaziabad: A deputy manager of a private bank in Ghaziabad was arrested on Thursday on charges of raping his colleague for past five years on the pretext of marrying her, police said. The victim (in her 30's), working as a customer care officer in the bank has accused deputy manager Balwant Singh Negi of sexually exploiting her for past five years, SP (City) Shiv Shanker Yadav said.
The victim, a Govindpuram resident, has claimed the accused, a resident of Garhwal in Uttarakhand, had married her in the presence of her family members in a temple at Modinagar area and assured her of registering their marriage later. She has also claimed that Negi is going to marry another girl from Garhwal on April 29.
The accused, however, has denied all allegations and said he does not know the woman. Police has registered a case of rape against the manager under various sections of IPC.
The victim claims that despite approaching the police on several occasions, the officials did not respond to her. Only when she warned of protest, the police took action.
Recommended For You
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere