UP: Court disposes of country's oldest case
The case was pending since 1936 and the court on Saturday ordered return of the land to the litigant after depositing Rs 807.
Ballia: A local court on Saturday disposed of a 76-year-old case while directing 11 persons to return 600 acres of mortgaged land to a person for Rs 807. Last year, during review of old cases, Supreme Court had considering it to be the oldest case of the country and directed for its speedy disposal, according to the court sources.
The case was pending since 1936 and the court on Saturday ordered return of the land to the litigant after depositing Rs 807, prosecution said. Yogini Devi, a resident of Raja Ka Gaon Kharauni in Bansdeeh area, had filed the case to get back her mortgaged land in 1936.
She had mortgaged the land for Rs 807 to one Lakhan Singh and others. Later, the collector's court had referred the case to a local civil judge (junior division). During the course of the hearing Yogini and Lakhan died. Ganesh Singh, claiming to be Yogini's inheritor, fought the case. While the other party had 11 persons. Deciding the case, civil judge (junior division) Ravikant Yadav on Saturday passed the order in the favour of Ganesh.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films