UP: Delhi Police assistant sub-inspector shot dead
ACP Sanjay Kumar said that Jai Bhagwan, who was to retire in August 2013, had gone to Chitrakoot to nab an accused in a theft case in Delhi.
New Delhi/Chitrakoot: A Delhi Police assistant sub-inspector was shot dead by an unknown attacker in the outskirts of Chitrakoot in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Friday. The officer had gone to Chitrakoot for a raid to nab a criminal.
Additional Commissioner of Police Sanjay Kumar said that Jai Bhagwan, who was to retire in August 2013, had gone to Chitrakoot to nab an accused in a theft case in Delhi. He was accompanied by Constable Guari Shankar.
They were attacked by an unidentified assailants as they entered Bilehari village Thursday at around 9.30 pm. The assailant snatched Jai Bhagwan's service revolver, shot him in the bac and fled.
"Local police took him to hospital, where he was declared dead," Kumar said.
Jai Bhagwan, posted at Begumpur police station in outer Delhi, is survived by his wife, two sons and two daughters.
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Bigg Boss, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18