UP: Delhi Police assistant sub-inspector shot dead
ACP Sanjay Kumar said that Jai Bhagwan, who was to retire in August 2013, had gone to Chitrakoot to nab an accused in a theft case in Delhi.
New Delhi/Chitrakoot: A Delhi Police assistant sub-inspector was shot dead by an unknown attacker in the outskirts of Chitrakoot in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Friday. The officer had gone to Chitrakoot for a raid to nab a criminal.
Additional Commissioner of Police Sanjay Kumar said that Jai Bhagwan, who was to retire in August 2013, had gone to Chitrakoot to nab an accused in a theft case in Delhi. He was accompanied by Constable Guari Shankar.
They were attacked by an unidentified assailants as they entered Bilehari village Thursday at around 9.30 pm. The assailant snatched Jai Bhagwan's service revolver, shot him in the bac and fled.
"Local police took him to hospital, where he was declared dead," Kumar said.
Jai Bhagwan, posted at Begumpur police station in outer Delhi, is survived by his wife, two sons and two daughters.
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?