UP: Doctor, accomplice chargesheeted for gangraping girl
The doctor has surrendered in court, while the other accused is still absconding, said police.
Muzaffarnagar: A doctor and his accomplice were chargesheeted on Saturday for allegedly abducting and raping an 18-year-old Dalit girl, police said. The doctor, Praveen Kumar Saini, and his friend Deepak Kumar abducted the girl from Haibatpur village under Charthawal police station area when she had stepped out of her home to relieve herself on January 16, police said.
The duo raped her, they said, adding, police on Saturday filed chargesheet against the accused. Praveen has already surrendered in court, while the other accused is still absconding, police said.
The victim was medically examined to confirm the rape and her statement has been recorded in court, police said.
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham