UP: Eight-month pregnant woman murdered by husband
Accused took his wife to Nurpur Marg on the pretext of driving her to her parents' house and killed her.
Bijnor: In a shocking incident in Uttar Pradesh, a pregnant woman was allegedly murdered by her husband who slit her throat with a knife, police said on Saturday. According to police, the accused, Arvind, on Friday took his 23-year-old wife Hemlata, to Nurpur Marg on the pretext of driving her to her parents' house and killed her.
The crime came to light at a checkpost near Agri village when police noticed blood stains on the accused's hand and found the seriously wounded Hemlata inside his car. The accused claimed that unidentified assailants had attacked his wife and wounded her following which police personnel took them to the district hospital for treatment where Hemlata was declared brought dead.
It was during interrogations that the accused finally confessed to the crime citing domestic discord. Police said that Hemlata, who was almost eight-months pregnant, had married Arvind in February this year.
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President
- In Pics: A Day of High Drama at Samajwadi Party
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: Here is a Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by CM Akhilesh Yadav
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers