DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UP: Eight-month pregnant woman murdered by husband
Accused took his wife to Nurpur Marg on the pretext of driving her to her parents' house and killed her.
Bijnor: In a shocking incident in Uttar Pradesh, a pregnant woman was allegedly murdered by her husband who slit her throat with a knife, police said on Saturday. According to police, the accused, Arvind, on Friday took his 23-year-old wife Hemlata, to Nurpur Marg on the pretext of driving her to her parents' house and killed her.
The crime came to light at a checkpost near Agri village when police noticed blood stains on the accused's hand and found the seriously wounded Hemlata inside his car. The accused claimed that unidentified assailants had attacked his wife and wounded her following which police personnel took them to the district hospital for treatment where Hemlata was declared brought dead.
It was during interrogations that the accused finally confessed to the crime citing domestic discord. Police said that Hemlata, who was almost eight-months pregnant, had married Arvind in February this year.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO