UP: Encephalitis claims two more lives, toll 159
A total of 838 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals in UP so far this year.
Gorakhpur: Two children succumbed to encephalitis at the BRD Medical College Hospital in Gorakhpur, taking the death toll in the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh this year to 159.
The children, who hailed from Gorakhpur and Kushinagar districts, died at the hospital on Monday, health officials said on Tuesday.
A total of 838 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti division this year of which 159 died, they said.
As many as 29 fresh patients of suspected encephalitis have been admitted to the BRD MCH during the past 24 hours, they said, adding 92 encephalitis patients are being treated at different government hospitals at present.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Watch: Dengue Plagues Police Station in Mumbai
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
From Our Network
- What ails Amma? Medical all-clear fails to end guessing job over Jayalalithaa's health- FirstPost
- JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha comes out in Arun Jaitley's defense, rules out his involvement in DDCA scam - Pradesh18
- Dadri lynching: Police find no evidence of cow slaughter by Akhlaq family, to file closure report - Pradesh18