UP: Encephalitis claims two more lives, toll 159
A total of 838 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals in UP so far this year.
Gorakhpur: Two children succumbed to encephalitis at the BRD Medical College Hospital in Gorakhpur, taking the death toll in the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh this year to 159.
The children, who hailed from Gorakhpur and Kushinagar districts, died at the hospital on Monday, health officials said on Tuesday.
A total of 838 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti division this year of which 159 died, they said.
As many as 29 fresh patients of suspected encephalitis have been admitted to the BRD MCH during the past 24 hours, they said, adding 92 encephalitis patients are being treated at different government hospitals at present.
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital