UP: Encephalitis kills 7 more, toll 390 in 2012
A total of 2511 encephalitis patients were admitted to different hospitals of the region in 2012 of which 390 died.
Gorakhpur: Seven more children succumbed to encephalitis at the BRD Medical College Hospital in Gorakhpur, taking the death toll due to the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 390 in 2012. The deceased, who died on Wednesday, belonged to Gonda (1), Basti (1) Gorakhpur (1), Siddharthanagar (2), and Kushinagar (2), health officials said on Thursday.
Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said 23 people suffering from encephalitis were admitted to BRD MCH and other government hospitals on Wednesday. A total of 2511 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals of the region in 2012 of which 390 died, he said, adding that over 270 patients are still being treated at these hospitals.
Meanwhile, the gram pradhans of sensitive areas have been advised to launch massive sanitation campaign from their own budget to check the spread of the vector-borne disease which is mainly caused due to consumption of contaminated water and unhygienic conditions.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya