UP: 'Indebted' farmer commits suicide in Kanpur
Body of Mahendra Singh was found hanging from the ceiling of his room by his wife on Thursday in Pichaura village of Kanpur district.
Kanpur: A 35-year-old farmer allegedly committed suicide fearing that he may lose his land as he was unable to repay a bank loan, police said on Friday. Body of Mahendra Singh was found hanging from the ceiling of his room by his wife on Thursday in Pichaura village of Kanpur (Rural) district, police said.
He had mortgaged his land in 2007 to take a bank loan of Rs 3.14 lakh for a tractor, Singh's wife Lakshmi said.
His wife claimed the fear and stress of not being able to repay the amount made Singh commit suicide.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category