DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UP: 'Indebted' farmer commits suicide in Kanpur
Body of Mahendra Singh was found hanging from the ceiling of his room by his wife on Thursday in Pichaura village of Kanpur district.
Kanpur: A 35-year-old farmer allegedly committed suicide fearing that he may lose his land as he was unable to repay a bank loan, police said on Friday. Body of Mahendra Singh was found hanging from the ceiling of his room by his wife on Thursday in Pichaura village of Kanpur (Rural) district, police said.
He had mortgaged his land in 2007 to take a bank loan of Rs 3.14 lakh for a tractor, Singh's wife Lakshmi said.
His wife claimed the fear and stress of not being able to repay the amount made Singh commit suicide.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835