UP: 'Indebted' farmer commits suicide in Kanpur
Body of Mahendra Singh was found hanging from the ceiling of his room by his wife on Thursday in Pichaura village of Kanpur district.
Kanpur: A 35-year-old farmer allegedly committed suicide fearing that he may lose his land as he was unable to repay a bank loan, police said on Friday. Body of Mahendra Singh was found hanging from the ceiling of his room by his wife on Thursday in Pichaura village of Kanpur (Rural) district, police said.
He had mortgaged his land in 2007 to take a bank loan of Rs 3.14 lakh for a tractor, Singh's wife Lakshmi said.
His wife claimed the fear and stress of not being able to repay the amount made Singh commit suicide.
- Hillary Clinton Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers From Pakistan
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution