UP: Injured train 'passengers' turn out to be robbers
But when the passengers gathered courage and challenged the robbers, five of them jumped out of the moving train.
Agra: The Delhi-Patna Jansadharan Express robbery case near Agra took an interesting on Tuesday when the Railway Police revealed that passengers who were claiming that they had been beaten up and thrown off the train by the robbers were the ones who had actually committed the crime.
According to police officials, on Monday night a group of miscreants tried to rob passengers of Jansadharan Express near Etmadpur in Agra district of Uttar Pradesh. But when the passengers gathered courage and challenged the robbers, five of them jumped out of the moving train.
The police have arrested the five robbers and are investigating the matter. The robbery took place when Jansadharan Express was passing through Etmadpur in Agra district of Uttar Pradesh. According to the passengers a group of 7-8 people attacked them.
"Seven-eight men boarded the train and started threatening the passengers. Then they looted cash and valuables," said a passenger identified as Bhola. The passengers also claimed that the miscreants then pushed five passengers out of the train.
The passengers claim that the miscreants came well prepared to rob the passengers and attacked the passengers with rods and hockey sticks rod. When police started the investigation the five robbers tried to project themselves as passengers and claimed that they too had been attacked and injured by the miscreants.
But following interrogation they admitted that they were part of the group that tried to rob the passengers. The injured passengers have been indentified and all of them are from Patna.
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution