DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UP man gets death sentence for rape, murder of mentally retarded minor girl
<p>A local court on Tuesday handed down capital punishment to a man for the rape and murder of a mentally-retarded minor girl in Rajsamand district of Rajasthan early this year.</p>
A local court on Tuesday handed down capital punishment to a man for the rape and murder of a mentally-retarded minor girl in Rajsamand district of Rajasthan early this year.
The District and Sessions Judge pronounced the death sentence to Manoj Singh in less seven month of trial at Rajsamand district headquarters, a press release issued by the police said.
It is the first ruling under the new law Protection of Children from Sexual Offences, 2012 (POCSO) Act in the country and various sections of IPC including 363, 365, 302, 376 (2) (8) for abduction, rape and murder against the convict who is from Basantpur of Mahrajganj district in Uttar Pradesh.
The prosecution had argued that the convict had abducted the 8-year-old girl on his bike when her parents were selling vegetables on a cart on the evening of January 17, 2013.
The parents had lodged the FIR with the Kankroli police station, and Manoj was arrested. Superintendent of Police in Rajsamand Ram Deo Singh said the charge sheet was filed in the court in a months' time and the court gave death penalty after a seven-month trial.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh