UP: Minor girl set on fire for resisting rape bid
Enraged over the foiled attempt, the accused set the victim ablaze, police said.
Farrukhabad: A 14-year-old girl is battling for her life after she was set on fire for resisting a rape attempt by a youth in Farrukhabad on Thursday. The accused allegedly barged into the house of the victim when she was alone on Wednesday evening but the girl foiled his attempts to rape her by slapping him three-four times.
Enraged over the foiled attempt, the accused set the victim ablaze, police said. As the neighbours rushed on hearing the alarm, the youth fled the scene, police said, adding that the girl was rushed to a local hospital with 80 per cent burn injuries. She was later referred to Safai Mini PGI.
A case has been registered on the complaint of the father of the girl and efforts were on to arrest the youth, said SP, Nilabdh Chaudhary. The police has taken the youth's uncle into custody for questioning. The victim's condition was serious, said Dr BB Pushkar, at the Lohia Hospital.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Not Approached for 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Hrithik Roshan
- Arjun Bijlani Injures Himself On 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' Set
- Krushna Abhishek Wants Healthy Competition With Kapil Sharma
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Visitors Banned from Taking Photo, Video of Parliament House Complex