DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UP: Minor girl set on fire for resisting rape bid
Enraged over the foiled attempt, the accused set the victim ablaze, police said.
Farrukhabad: A 14-year-old girl is battling for her life after she was set on fire for resisting a rape attempt by a youth in Farrukhabad on Thursday. The accused allegedly barged into the house of the victim when she was alone on Wednesday evening but the girl foiled his attempts to rape her by slapping him three-four times.
Enraged over the foiled attempt, the accused set the victim ablaze, police said. As the neighbours rushed on hearing the alarm, the youth fled the scene, police said, adding that the girl was rushed to a local hospital with 80 per cent burn injuries. She was later referred to Safai Mini PGI.
A case has been registered on the complaint of the father of the girl and efforts were on to arrest the youth, said SP, Nilabdh Chaudhary. The police has taken the youth's uncle into custody for questioning. The victim's condition was serious, said Dr BB Pushkar, at the Lohia Hospital.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017