UP: Minor girl set on fire for resisting rape bid
Enraged over the foiled attempt, the accused set the victim ablaze, police said.
Farrukhabad: A 14-year-old girl is battling for her life after she was set on fire for resisting a rape attempt by a youth in Farrukhabad on Thursday. The accused allegedly barged into the house of the victim when she was alone on Wednesday evening but the girl foiled his attempts to rape her by slapping him three-four times.
Enraged over the foiled attempt, the accused set the victim ablaze, police said. As the neighbours rushed on hearing the alarm, the youth fled the scene, police said, adding that the girl was rushed to a local hospital with 80 per cent burn injuries. She was later referred to Safai Mini PGI.
A case has been registered on the complaint of the father of the girl and efforts were on to arrest the youth, said SP, Nilabdh Chaudhary. The police has taken the youth's uncle into custody for questioning. The victim's condition was serious, said Dr BB Pushkar, at the Lohia Hospital.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18