UP: Mulayam Singh Yadav's family priest shot dead
The assailants were reportedly dressed in police uniforms and opened fire at Pandit Ramesh Tiwari on Thursday in Jaunpur.
Lucknow: Noted astrologer and Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav's family priest Pandit Ramesh Tiwari was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Uttar Pradesh's Jaunpur town on Thursday, police said.
Ramesh Tiwari was sitting with his brother outside his house in the Sarpataha area of Jaunpur town when the assailants sprayed them with bullets, a police official said.
Both were rushed to hospital where the astrologer was declared dead, while his brother continues to battle for his life.
The assailants were reportedly dressed in police uniforms and opened fire on the brothers with sophisticated weapons. The police believe some political rivalry was behind Ramesh Tiwari's killing.
Additional Director General of Police (ADG) Arun Kumar has been rushed to Jaunpur to take up the investigation while Jaunpur police have launched a manhunt to nab the assailants.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance