UP murder suspect dies due to acid injection, 3 suspended
The man was allegedly made to sit on a hot plate and died of infection and lacerations at a hospital in Lucknow.
Lucknow: A murder suspect was given injections of acid and kerosene during police questioning in Uttar Pradesh, following which he fell sick and died in a hospital in Lucknow. Three errant policemen were suspended, an official said on Saturday.
Accused Balveer was brought to Avagarh police station in Etah district on Thursday and allegedly made to sit on a hot plate and given injections of acid and kerosene. He died of infection and lacerations at a hospital in Lucknow on Friday evening, the police said.
Family members of Balbir alleged that police tortured him to force him to confess to the crime. Deputy Inspector General of Police, Aligarh, Prakash D said that Etah's Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Mohan Sharma suspended sub-inspector Shailendra Singh and two others. A case has been registered against the errant policemen and a magisterial probe ordered into the incident, a police official said.
Recommended For You
- Ajinkya Rahane Just Walked Out & Said I Will Dominate: KL Rahul
- National Flag Protest: Oppo India Acknowledges 'Incident', Deeply Regrets it
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Here's How Kareena Kapoor Khan Is Shedding Her Post-Pregnancy Weight
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia