UP police acts on IB warnings of terror strike, steps up vigil ahead of Republic Day
<p>Security has been beefed up across Uttar Pradesh after Intelligence Bureau (IB) inputs warned that terrorists might slip in from the porous Indo-Nepal border and try to create trouble on the Republic Day.</p>
Security has been beefed up across Uttar Pradesh after Intelligence Bureau (IB) inputs warned that terrorists might slip in from the porous Indo-Nepal border and try to create trouble on the Republic Day.
Additional Director General (Law and Order) Mukul Goel has written to all district police chiefs asking them to step up vigil "in wake of the new tip-off" from the IB.
The tip-off to the state police is specifically about Indian Mujahideen (IM) terrorists Tehsin Akhtar and Pakistan-based Waqar, who is learnt to be holed up in Nepal and is trying to slip into the state.
The National Investigative Agency (NIA) recently released sketches of 15 terror suspects who are feared to be in the state as sleeper modules "ready to act".
Police are making posters of these terror suspects and these would be pasted on railway stations, bus depots, malls and markets, an official of the home department told IANS. Five of these terrorists had escaped from the Azamgarh prison last year.
Special security advisory has been issued for Kanpur, Lucknow, Agra, Allahabad, Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Meerut, Faizabad, Varanasi, Aligarh, Bulandshahar, Bareilly, Moradabad, Mau, Bhadohi and Azamgarh districts.
Vigil has been stepped up in districts of Maharajganj, Siddharthanagar, Bahraich, Kheri, Pilibhit and Gonda.
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi