UP Police beat 3-year-old girl, NHRC seeks explanation
The NHRC on Wednesday sought explanation from the SSP of Bulandshahar in UP over beating of a 3-year-old girl by police officials in a court premises.
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday sought explanation from the senior superintendent of police (SSP) of Bulandshahar in Uttar Pradesh over beating of a three-year-old girl by police officials in a court premises.
"A notice has been issued to the SSP Bulandshahar, seeking explanation from him on disciplinary action, if any, taken against the delinquent police officials. He has been given four weeks' time to respond," said an official of the NHRC.
According to media reports, the incident occurred when an under-trial prisoner went to meet his three-year-old daughter who started crying when she saw him.
"The father could not resist and hugged her daugher. But this action reportedly enraged the policemen so much that they not only forcibly took the daughter away from the father but also beat her severely," the official added.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments