UP Police beat 3-year-old girl, NHRC seeks explanation
The NHRC on Wednesday sought explanation from the SSP of Bulandshahar in UP over beating of a 3-year-old girl by police officials in a court premises.
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday sought explanation from the senior superintendent of police (SSP) of Bulandshahar in Uttar Pradesh over beating of a three-year-old girl by police officials in a court premises.
"A notice has been issued to the SSP Bulandshahar, seeking explanation from him on disciplinary action, if any, taken against the delinquent police officials. He has been given four weeks' time to respond," said an official of the NHRC.
According to media reports, the incident occurred when an under-trial prisoner went to meet his three-year-old daughter who started crying when she saw him.
"The father could not resist and hugged her daugher. But this action reportedly enraged the policemen so much that they not only forcibly took the daughter away from the father but also beat her severely," the official added.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18