UP Police beat 3-year-old girl, NHRC seeks explanation
The NHRC on Wednesday sought explanation from the SSP of Bulandshahar in UP over beating of a 3-year-old girl by police officials in a court premises.
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday sought explanation from the senior superintendent of police (SSP) of Bulandshahar in Uttar Pradesh over beating of a three-year-old girl by police officials in a court premises.
"A notice has been issued to the SSP Bulandshahar, seeking explanation from him on disciplinary action, if any, taken against the delinquent police officials. He has been given four weeks' time to respond," said an official of the NHRC.
According to media reports, the incident occurred when an under-trial prisoner went to meet his three-year-old daughter who started crying when she saw him.
"The father could not resist and hugged her daugher. But this action reportedly enraged the policemen so much that they not only forcibly took the daughter away from the father but also beat her severely," the official added.
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells