UP Police to Provide Laptops to Wards of Policemen
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh police today announced to provide free laptops to wards of non-gazetted policemen who excel in class 10th and 12th examinations.
The decision in this regard was taken at a meeting of UP police education committee headed by Director General of Police, Javeed Ahmad.
In a bid to promote education in wards of police personnel, it has been decided to provide free laptops to 50 meritorious students each in class 10th and 12th, an official spokesman said here.
The students selected are to be ward of non-gazetted policemen and the laptop to be given is worth about Rs 40 thousand for year 2016-2017.
Among the students selected, there would be 15 girls also, he said, adding that it is an attempt to promote education.
Recommended For You
- Yuvraj Singh: The Phoenix Who Keeps Coming Back Again and Again
- Explore Delhi In A Day With Just Rs 500 In Your Pocket
- LFW 2017: Sneak Peek Into Monisha Jaising's Opening, Anita Dongre's Finale Show
- Amazon Removes Mahatma Gandhi Chappal Recalling Sushma Swaraj's Warning
- HIL 2017: Sardar Singh Confident of Winning India's Premier Hockey Tournament