UP Police to Provide Laptops to Wards of Policemen
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh police today announced to provide free laptops to wards of non-gazetted policemen who excel in class 10th and 12th examinations.
The decision in this regard was taken at a meeting of UP police education committee headed by Director General of Police, Javeed Ahmad.
In a bid to promote education in wards of police personnel, it has been decided to provide free laptops to 50 meritorious students each in class 10th and 12th, an official spokesman said here.
The students selected are to be ward of non-gazetted policemen and the laptop to be given is worth about Rs 40 thousand for year 2016-2017.
Among the students selected, there would be 15 girls also, he said, adding that it is an attempt to promote education.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Tells 'Emotional' Kuldeep to Keep Going After Warner Wicket
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Begum Jaan First Song Echoes Pain of Heartbreak in Asha Bhosle's Magical Voice
- Deepika Padukone Shares Warm Moments With Neetu Singh, Amitabh Bachchan
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers