UP Police to Provide Laptops to Wards of Policemen
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh police today announced to provide free laptops to wards of non-gazetted policemen who excel in class 10th and 12th examinations.
The decision in this regard was taken at a meeting of UP police education committee headed by Director General of Police, Javeed Ahmad.
In a bid to promote education in wards of police personnel, it has been decided to provide free laptops to 50 meritorious students each in class 10th and 12th, an official spokesman said here.
The students selected are to be ward of non-gazetted policemen and the laptop to be given is worth about Rs 40 thousand for year 2016-2017.
Among the students selected, there would be 15 girls also, he said, adding that it is an attempt to promote education.
Recommended For You
- Mithali Raj Shuts Up Reporter Who Asked Sexist Question
- Kumble to BCCI: Coach Should Earn 60 Percent of What Captain Gets
- Honda CLIQ Review: The Grown-up Navi That's Not Just Another Activa
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Pehredaar Piya Ki Promo Sees An Adult Woman Married To a Kid, Cue In The Cringes