UP: Policeman threatens and rapes a woman
Veer Singh allegedly assaulted the woman, who had come to file a rape complaint, after promising to help her.
Lucknow: Once again a policeman in Uttar Pradesh has been accused of rape, dealing another massive blow to the already poor law and order in the state. A policemen Veer Singh has been arrested for allegedly raping and threatening a women in Raniganj police station on Sunday. Veer Singh allegedly assaulted the woman, who had come to file a rape complaint, after promising to help her.
The victim alleges in her complaint that she had gone to Raniganj police station to lodge a complaint against another man who had been raping her for the last three years after promising to marry her. The woman claimed that when she asked the accused to marry her, he threatened her and forced her to leave his house. When she tried to lodge a rape complaint, the accused policeman threatened and raped her instead of helping her.
She also alleged that accused Veer Singh also beat her up and forced her to flee from the police station.
Next morning when some lawyers saw her outside the district court, they complaint to the senior officials. The woman also lodged a complaint against the accused policemen who has been arrested.
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Aditya, Rajat take MP to 239/2 against Mumbai on Day 1