Northern Grid failure: UP Power Corp CMD transferred
The action came after the Centre blamed Uttar Pradesh for the fault in the Northern Grid.
New Delhi: Heads have begun to roll over the breakdown at the Northern Grid that left seven states powerless on Monday. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered the transfer of the UP Power Corporation Chairman and Managing Director Avinash Awasthi.
Awasthi, who was appointed only two months ago, will be replaced by AP Mishra.
The District Magistrate of Bareilly has also been removed.
Awasthi's transfer order comes after the Centre blamed Uttar Pradesh for the fault in the Northern Grid.
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance