Northern Grid failure: UP Power Corp CMD transferred
The action came after the Centre blamed Uttar Pradesh for the fault in the Northern Grid.
New Delhi: Heads have begun to roll over the breakdown at the Northern Grid that left seven states powerless on Monday. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered the transfer of the UP Power Corporation Chairman and Managing Director Avinash Awasthi.
Awasthi, who was appointed only two months ago, will be replaced by AP Mishra.
The District Magistrate of Bareilly has also been removed.
Awasthi's transfer order comes after the Centre blamed Uttar Pradesh for the fault in the Northern Grid.
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away
- SRK, Alia Bhatt Tease Fans With Dear Zindagi Tweets
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate
- Running for President is a 'Step Down' For My Dad: Trump Junior