Northern Grid failure: UP Power Corp CMD transferred
The action came after the Centre blamed Uttar Pradesh for the fault in the Northern Grid.
New Delhi: Heads have begun to roll over the breakdown at the Northern Grid that left seven states powerless on Monday. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered the transfer of the UP Power Corporation Chairman and Managing Director Avinash Awasthi.
Awasthi, who was appointed only two months ago, will be replaced by AP Mishra.
The District Magistrate of Bareilly has also been removed.
Awasthi's transfer order comes after the Centre blamed Uttar Pradesh for the fault in the Northern Grid.
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- MORE THE MERRIERFIFA President Infantino Backs 48-Team World Cup
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video