Northern Grid failure: UP Power Corp CMD transferred
The action came after the Centre blamed Uttar Pradesh for the fault in the Northern Grid.
New Delhi: Heads have begun to roll over the breakdown at the Northern Grid that left seven states powerless on Monday. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered the transfer of the UP Power Corporation Chairman and Managing Director Avinash Awasthi.
Awasthi, who was appointed only two months ago, will be replaced by AP Mishra.
The District Magistrate of Bareilly has also been removed.
Awasthi's transfer order comes after the Centre blamed Uttar Pradesh for the fault in the Northern Grid.
Recommended For You
- Ajinkya Rahane Thanks Teammates for Believing in Him
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Akshay Attends Naam Shabana Screening With Women Police Officers
- Virender Sehwag Calls Steve Smith 'Tubelight' and Virat Kohli 'Holder'
- Here's How Kareena Kapoor Khan Is Shedding Her Post-Pregnancy Weight