UP: Railway police throw old couple off moving train
The incident occurred around 10 am at Muzaffarnagar, when the elderly couple, by mistake, boarded the Shatabdi Express.
Lucknow: In a shocking incident, an elderly woman was killed and her husband got wounded as the couple was thrown out of a moving train by government railway police (GRP) personnel for boarding the wrong train, police said on Wednesday.
The incident occurred around 10 am at Muzaffarnagar, when the elderly couple, by mistake, boarded the Shatabdi Express. Rajeshwar Tyagi and his wife Santosh were both above 70 years old.
Sub-inspector Ram Chandar and constable Subhash of the GRP asked the couple where they were headed. The couple responded that they were on their way to Saharanpur, only to be told that they were on the Shatabdi Express, which does not halt at Saharanpur.
The Railway police asked the elderly couple to deboard, something, they pleaded, they could not do as the train had gathered speed by then. Incensed, the policemen opened the door of the compartment and pushed the old couple out.
The woman was hit by a train moving on a parallel track and died instantly, while the man received minor injuries on the fall. A case against the two GRP policemen was registered at the Muzaffarnagar railway station.
"We have sent the body of the deceased woman for autopsy. Based on the statement of Rajeshwar Tyagi, we have lodged a case against the two policemen," stated a GRP official.
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- Watch: Talking Point With Zakka Jacob
- Supreme Court Notice to Lalu's Son, Shahabuddin in Journalist Murder Case
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit