DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UP to felicitate Raina, Chawla for WC victory
The UP government took the decision after India's historic victory in the World Cup on Saturday night.
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday announced to felicitate Indian cricketers Suresh Raina and Piyush Chawla with Kanshiram International Sports award after the team's historic victory in the World Cup on Saturday night.
"By helping the Indian team in reaching the final match and making important contributions in winning the World Cup, these two players have done the state proud," Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati said here.
She said that the decision to felicitate the two would not only promote Raina and Chawla to play with more dedication in the future but would also motivate other players to put in extra efforts.
India defeated Sri Lanka by six wickets in the World Cup final in Mumbai on Saturday to lift the coveted trophy which they last won in 1983 under Kapil Dev.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Cricket Australia Believes Revenue Model is Starving Grassroots
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users