UP: Who will rape a mother of four, police officer asks victim
Additional Superintendent of Police Keshav Chandra Goswami not only insulted and humiliated a rape victim but also used foul language against her.
Deoria: A police officer in Deoria district of Uttar Pradesh not only insulted and humiliated a rape victim but also used foul language against her. The police officer who allegedly humiliated the victim has been identified as Additional Superintendent of Police Keshav Chandra Goswami.
A Dalit woman was allegedly raped in Deoria's Bankata area two days ago. When the local police station did not register her complaint, she approached Additional Superintendent of Police Goswami. When she narrated her ordeal to Goswami he asked the people accompanying her how old was she and how many children did she have.
When he came to know that she was the mother of four children with the eldest being 17 years old, Goswami made an extremely insulting and insensitive commented, saying no one is going to rape such an old woman.
The insulting comments and that too by a police officer comes even as the country awaits as strong anti-rape law. The Bill has already been passed by Parliament and will now be sent to President Pranab Mukherjee for his assent following which it will become a law.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Amitabh Bachchan Feels It's Pitiable For a Woman To Catch Culprit But Not Take Action