UP: Who will rape a mother of four, police officer asks victim
Additional Superintendent of Police Keshav Chandra Goswami not only insulted and humiliated a rape victim but also used foul language against her.
Deoria: A police officer in Deoria district of Uttar Pradesh not only insulted and humiliated a rape victim but also used foul language against her. The police officer who allegedly humiliated the victim has been identified as Additional Superintendent of Police Keshav Chandra Goswami.
A Dalit woman was allegedly raped in Deoria's Bankata area two days ago. When the local police station did not register her complaint, she approached Additional Superintendent of Police Goswami. When she narrated her ordeal to Goswami he asked the people accompanying her how old was she and how many children did she have.
When he came to know that she was the mother of four children with the eldest being 17 years old, Goswami made an extremely insulting and insensitive commented, saying no one is going to rape such an old woman.
The insulting comments and that too by a police officer comes even as the country awaits as strong anti-rape law. The Bill has already been passed by Parliament and will now be sent to President Pranab Mukherjee for his assent following which it will become a law.
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji