Upbeat Lisicki defeats Kanepi to reach her 2nd Wimbledon semi-finals
Less than 24 hours after knocking Serena out of Wimbledon, Lisicki defeated Kaia Kanepi 6-3, 6-3 to reach semi-finals.
London: Less than 24 hours after knocking Serena Williams out of Wimbledon, Sabine Lisicki made quick work of her next opponent, topping Kaia Kanepi 6-3, 6-3 in 61 minutes Tuesday.
The 23rd-seeded Lisicki advanced to her second Wimbledon semi-final, where she'll play the winner of a quarterfinal between No. 4 Agnieszka Radwanska and No. 6 Li Na.
Though the two quarterfinals began at the same time, Radwanska and Li had just finished their first set at the time Lisicki and Kanepi were shaking hands.
Lisciki broke Kanepi in the first game and didn't look back in the opening set. She double-faulted three times in the third game of the second set to lose serve for the first time but broke right back, then won four of the next five games.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right