Nagrota Attack: Uri Attacker Provided Police Uniform, Intel to Jaish Men
Weapons and belongings of the terrorists. (Photo: CNN-News18)
New Delhi: A day after the Nagrota terror attack, investigating officers have found out the modus operandi of the slain terrorists and exposed their links with Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed.
Sources told CNN-News18 that there were possibly four terrorists and one of the three killed was involved in the Uri attacks.
Sources also said that three terrorists infiltrated into India three hours before the pre-dawn attack on Nagrota. The terrorist who was involved in the Uri attack supplied the police uniforms and information regarding the Army base to Nagrota attackers.
The terrorists travelled 85 km undetected and managed to avoid two Army check points before they reached Nagrota. After arriving there, they headed straight to officers mess and sprayed bullets.
Two pictures were recovered from the army base and a note on one of the pictures indicated the operatives were from Jaish-e-Mohammed's Afzal Guru squad. Papers found on slain terrorists claimed Jaish terrorists carried out the attack to avenge hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru. The note said: "Afzal Guru shaheed ke intiqaam ka Ek aur kist..."
BSF DG KK Sharma said on Wednesday that during the probe, officers spotted a tunnel in Chambliyal - Samba area which might have been used for infiltration.
Army Chief General Dalbir Singh visited Nagrota Army base on Wednesday and was briefed about the terror attack.
Recommended For You
- TOKYO 2020 DREAMSMy Aim is to Equal Sushil's Feat of Two Olympic Medals: Sakshi Malik
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- #GharWapsi'I Am Born Congressman' Says Navjot Singh Sidhu, Twitter Goes Berserk
- World RecordSubstitute Bangladesh Wicketkeeper Imrul Kayes Sets World Record
- Partner ContentWatch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment