Uruguay beat Emirates 2-1
Uruguay is seen as possible medal contender in London Olympics 2012.
Manchester: Substitute Nicolas Lodeiro scored in the second half to give Uruguay a 2-1 victory over the United Arab Emirates Thursday in an Olympic qualifying match.
Playing in front of a near capacity Old Trafford Stadium, the Emirates took the lead on the 23rd minute and looked the better side for much of the first half. But with four minutes to go before the break, Uruguay's Gaston Ramirez curled the ball into the top right-hand corner of the net from a free kick after Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was brought down.
Lodeiro came on for the second half and fired in from 55 minutes from close range following a fluid Uruguayan move down the left flank. Uruguay is seen as possible medal contender in this year's games. It placed fourth in the 2010 World Cup and won the Copa America title in Argentina in 2011.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology