DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US: 106-year-old man gets school diploma
Fred Butler was awarded the honorary diploma on Monday during an emotional ceremony in Massachusetts.
Beverly: A 106-year-old US man who had to drop out of school to support his mother and five siblings has finally earned his diploma.
Fred Butler was awarded the honorary diploma on Monday during an emotional ceremony in Massachusetts. Butler thanked "everybody who is responsible for this."
He was married for 65 years, raised five children, served in the US Army during World War II and worked for his city's water department.
But daughter-in-law Cathy Butler says he always regretted dropping out and always emphasised the importance of education to his children and grandchildren.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Reacts to Ariana Grande Concert Terror Attack
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017