US: 6-year-old boy dies after being shot by a 4-year-old
The parents of the 4-year-old boy were home at the time of the incident.
Washington: A six-year-old boy has died in the US after being accidentally shot in head by his four-year-old neighbour while they were playing. Brandon was playing with the four-year-old at his Toms River home in New Jersey on Monday evening when the latter left the yard and went inside.
"The 4-year-old ... retrieved a rifle within the house, a .22-caliber rifle, came outside," according to Toms River police Chief Michael Mastronardy. "... A shot went out and the 6-year-old was struck in the head."
Brandon Holt was pronounced dead on Tuesday at Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, CNN reported. The 4-year-old, whose name was withheld, was not injured. The parents of the younger boy were home at the time of the incident.
The Atlantic County prosecutor's office is leading the investigation to determine whether charges will be filed in the case and, if so, against whom, Mastronardy said on Tuesday night. The shooting came just days after a 4-year-old boy in Tennessee grabbed a loaded gun and accidentally shot to death the wife of a sheriff's deputy.
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM