DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Toon's obscene gesture shocks Boston
Images flashing from electronic devices around the city depicted an animation character making an obscene gesture.
New Delhi: A publicity gimmick in Boston for a late night cable television cartoon has managed to do more than just grab ratings.
Trouble began when people in Boston found images flashing from electronic devices around the city depicting an animation character making an obscene gesture.
The person responsible for planting the electronic devices has been arrested.
The state police, the Boston Police and bomb squad units were deployed to take the electronic devices down. Many highways were shut down and traffic disrupted due to these cartoons.
Turner Broadcasting, which owns Cartoon Network, later said the devices were part of a promotion for the TV show Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
The surreal series are about a talking milkshake, a box of fries and a meatball and have a cult following.
"I think it's kind of disturbing. It began this morning early, with a one off thing, and then as the afternoon progressed you started hearing there were these different little things all throughout the city. And as you know, Boston's a walking city, so it kind of put everyone in a state of disarray," said Boston resident, Fred Murphy.
Recommended For You
- AB De Villiers Angry at 'Ball-Tampering' Inference
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Challenge is to Not Think About Defending Title, Says Virat Kohli