US condemns terrorist attack on Kabul hotel
The State Department spokesperson expressed US support for the Afghan security forces.
Washington: Strongly condemning the attack on the Intercontinental Hotel in Afghanistan's capital Kabul, the US on Wednesday said the strike once again demonstrates the terrorists' complete disregard for human life.
"The United States strongly condemns the attack on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul, which once again demonstrates the terrorists' complete disregard for human life," State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland said.
Extending America's condolences to the families and friends of the victims of this attack, the State Department spokesperson expressed America's support for the Afghan security forces who are working to secure the site.
The state-owned hotel was hosting delegates attending an Afghan security conference and a large wedding party when the militants struck at dinner-time.
Al least 10 people have been killed in the attack. "All Chief of Mission personnel are accounted for. We do not have any information about private American citizens at this time, but continue to follow up on the situation," she said.
Special US Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan Mark Grossman and all members of his delegation departed Kabul earlier on Tuesday and are presently en-route to Washington, she said.