DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US couple accused of keeping children in cage
30-year-old John Eckhart and 26-year-old Alayna Higdon have been charged with criminal mistreatment.
Portland(Oregon): A couple in Washington state has been accused of keeping two children in a caged room.
KGW-TV in Oregon reports that 30-year-old John Eckhart and 26-year-old Alayna Higdon have been charged with criminal mistreatment and unlawful imprisonment. The Vancouver couple was arrested yesterday.
Police say Higdon is the mother of the two children, ages 6 and 7, and that Eckhart is her boyfriend.
A police report says officers saw the arm of a child coming out of a modified cage where a door to a room should be.
The couple is set for arraignment April 27. An attorney for Eckhart says he had just been assigned the case. An attorney for Higdon was not immediately available for comment.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet