DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US drone strikes kill 20 militants in Pakistan
In the first attack, a drone targeted a vehicle, killing eight suspects militants in Shawal area.
Islamabad: Twenty suspected militants were killed in two US drone strikes in the restive South Waziristan tribal region of northwest Pakistan on Monday.
In the first attack, a drone targeted a vehicle, killing eight suspects militants in Shawal area of South Waziristan Agency. Another drone strike several hours later in Mantoi area, about 30 km from South Waziristan's main town of Wana, killed 12 suspected militants.
The drones fired four missiles at a hideout of militant commander Adam Khan, who is linked to Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Hakimullah Mehsud. It could not immediately be ascertained whether Mehsud was present at the hideout at the time of the attack.
Reports claimed that Mehsud had been spotted in the area. Adam Khan had set up a training facility for the Taliban in the area.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- May 26, 1999: Ganguly, Dravid Put On a Show at Taunton
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Pirates of The Caribbean-Salazar's Revenge Review: This One Doesn't Disappoint