DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US elections: Mitt Romney wins Georgia, Tennessee
Romney had been far ahead of Obama in the polls in Tennessee, with strong support from white evangelical voters.
Washington: Mitt Romney has won in Georgia. It's a state that had appeared to be a potential battleground early in the campaign, but ended up being part of Romney's Southern base.
Romney also added Tennessee's 11 electoral votes to his total, putting him ahead of President Barack Obama so far. Romney has 67 electoral votes so far, to Obama's 64. Romney had been far ahead of Obama in the polls in Tennessee, with strong support from white evangelical voters. Romney lost his party's primary in Tennessee earlier this year to Rick Santorum.
Tennessee voters also re-elected Republican Sen. Bob Corker. In Connecticut, Democratic Rep. Chris Murphy has defeated Republican former wrestling executive Linda McMahon in the race for the Senate seat that had been held by retiring independent Joe Lieberman. McMahon spent more than $42 million of her own money on the Senate bid.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017